About Your Co-Host
1. Introduce yourself. Where are you from? What should listeners know about you?
I'm Levi Mote, Board game designer, publisher, and enthusiast from the Pacific Northwest. More specifically the Portland OR area. I'm a pretty open guy so there is little I would not want the listeners to know about me.
2. What games or types of games are you interested in?
I'm always looking for three I's when I design / play a board game. I want games to be Intuitive, Immersive, and Innovative. Innovative is last because it is the most easily misunderstood. I don't need a game to have a completely new mechanism or mechanic, but I love when they use things I've seen before in novel or compelling ways.
3. Do you have a favorite game or games you enjoy most?
The only game I will never turn down a chance to play is Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition. Conversely any brain burner also makes me happy.
4. What are some of the most memorable experiences have you had with tabletop board games in the past?
I have several fond memories of playing the aforementioned TI3, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and Diplomacy, as well as D&D, and the Champions RPGs.
5. What is the focus of your WDYPTW segment?
Focus?!? What is that? :)
I find myself meandering as I record but generally I start of with the game I played this week that really stood out to me, then go into RPGs, and finish off with Daily Magic Games news and events.